Thursday, August 5, 2010

Easy...No, really?

So it's almost 10:30 here and I am still up when usually in bed. I need to put some things in writing.
This is such a great way to "out" some things I have been thinking/feeling.


Serenity started with a cough yesterday and this morning woke up with her voice hoarse. I have never heard her voice like this. Hunter, yes. Serenity, no. Wasn't sure what was going on. As I have posted in the past, things that go on with kids with CF, or any other condition, is always a "guessing game". So, I called her Dr. and was so surprised to actually get ahold of her nurse and not her voicemail this time. Explained to her what was going on and she was not too worried about the hoarseness as it was just a sign of her vocal chords being inflammed. As far as the coughing, she wants to give it one more day before putting her on antibiotics. Bumped her up to 3 treatments a day, so I figured, eh, I'll do Hunter too. Going good.
Then I posted on Facebook, my second resource for info with all the great CF friends I have, wanting to get advice from them. One told me it could be allergies or stress. So I decided to give her a dose of Zyrtec and it has actually help.
Allergies?
Seriously?
Something that easy? No way!!! Nothing has EVER been that easy. It seemed to help and I guess the true tell all will be tomorrow morning when she wakes up.
I have always been used to the hundreds of calls to her Dr. "This isn't working", or "This just doesn't seem right", but it seems like it worked. Thank you Lord and thank you to all my friends who offered the great advice.
If it does seem to continue, tomorrow I will get her on an antibiotic just as precaution.

I love my CF Family, and my friends (Emily), and thank you all for being there for me when I've needed you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment