Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Antibiotic

Ok...Today was quite the day. I have been trying to get back into homeschooling Hunter over the summer to get ahead in 1st grade. A little difficult now that Serenity is getting older. Running around, wanting my attention constantly because I am focused on Hunter. It gets quite trying at times. I have tried to give her things to do. Color, watch a movie, even playing games on the computer. This morning, I decided with the type of morning it was turning into to not do school today. I have decided, which I probably should have a long time ago, to do school while Ren naps now.
This morning started out with me trying to pay bills. Hunter was still sleeping and Ren was already up. I didn't hear her, but found her in the kitchen at the sink. There was water EVERYWHERE, going from the sink to the fridge. I just wish I had 2 minutes to just even pay bills.
Then Hunter wakes up. He had been complaining of a sore throat for the past 2 days and had to take him to Drs. Took him in and they did a throat culture. This kid has severe Dr. anxiety. He pushed the Dr. this time. At CF clinics, he has actually kicked and hit the nurses and Drs when they go in for a culture or labs. I am not able to take the kids by myself to the Dr. I wish I was because then Brandon wouldnt have to take off work. They did a strep test and it came back positive. He's on an antibiotic now as is Ren for her coughing. This is the first time he has gotten strep.
What I'm dreading is the clinic visit on Tuesday at Childrens. Labs this time and it is so hard to get a needle and blood from Hunter. And what makes it worse is that Ren sees him and then she starts flipping out. I can hold her down though. It takes 2 or 3 people to hold Hunter down for labs. This will make for a long day as they will do PFT's and there normal CF team visit.
We live 2 hours away from the hospital and I can't stress how long it is.
So, all in all, the Dr. at the pediatricians office was ok with everything that happened. They tend to understand our situation as we are the only ones that have children with CF that are seen there. They literally are taken aback when they see the Kunkel name on the schedule because they know what they are up against.
So, needless to say, early night for the kids and probably me too.
It's just been very stressful for me lately. I have to figure out a way to get the kids listen (if that's even possible) I'm tired of the disrespect--figure out the homeschooling thing, make sure the kids get their treatments in, be a housewife and everything else.
I know God doesnt put on us what we cannot handle, so I know I can do it. I just need to find a way.

2 comments:

  1. Wow kinda sounds like my day. When we go to clinic Courtney fights the throat culture to she has kicked, cried pleaded with them. She usually fights with blood draws to but this last time she didn't. In time things will get easier with all the fun stuff. Hang in there... Just know you aren't alone..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they do get better. I know it will eventually. He's 6 and I thought for sure he would be a little better by now. I can't really blame him in a way, with everything these kids go through with CF and the amount of Drs and hosp stays they have.

    ReplyDelete