Sunday, July 18, 2010

Don't Get Lost In the Business Of Life

You think you have all the time in the world. You think that time is on your side. Time goes by so fast and before you know it, your kids have grown up so much you long to start it all over again. Hunter and Serenity got to spend Friday night with my parents and all day Saturday. Which in turn, allowed Brandon and I some much deserved alone time to just be together. It's so weird that when your kids are with you, you are in "parent mode", but when they are not and it's just you and hubby... It's more like "best friend" and just acting goofy mode.

Although most of the time over dinner was talk about the kids, never seems to fail, they are such a part of us that we can't just go one evening without talking about them.
Friday night we had a blast. We went to Chipotle and came home. Stayed up until about 1 or 2..which is super late for us, and had such a great time.

We went to pick the kids up at Nana and Papas that next day and it seemed like months since I saw them last. I missed them. They had such a great time and it gave my mom and dad some quality time with the kiddos.

We went to church today, and I wonder why we had never found this church before. It's our third time going and man, God is speaking to us. It's kinda funny because it's right across the street from where we used to go.

Tomorrow, Brandon and I are starting a low carb diet. Have seen so many people do it and lose so much weight. Especially my parent. I'm sorry, but my parents look good!!! I'm so proud of them. My mom has diabetes and she was so determined not to take meds/shots that she was going to lose the weight instead and she did it. My dad completely supported her on this and he lost a lot of weight as well. I just want to be healthy and have energy again. It's so hard being at home with the kids during the day and not munching here and there, but I'm ready to do this. Besides the fact that the kiddos have CF--high fatty foods and ALL the good stuff. Brandon and I kinda lost control for a while, but regaining it. Please pray for us as we go through this.

Tomorrow starts yet a whole new week. Excited to see what it brings us.

I guess what I was trying to say in the very beginning, is never lose who you are. If you are married and have children, you still need time for yourself to make you feel good and time with your hubby. Don't get lost in the business of life. Life is too short to worry about things that are already out of our control and God already has planned out.

Have fun with life and enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment