Sunday, July 25, 2010

What a Wonderful Day!!

Today started out like any other Sunday. Wake up early, get breakfast in for the kiddos and us, take showers, and go to church. Today seemed somewhat different though. Looked so forward to going to church and wondering what the topic was going to be about today.
"What Lies Within". Being hurt and damaged by people but being able to cut the rope, forgive, and move on with my life even if that means the person that caused the damage never took responsibilty.
Quoted by Ralph Waldo Emmerson "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
Being damaged happens to everyone, by someone or something. It just depends on how you deal with the situation and let go. I learned today that if I/we are damaged, we can justify the "no relationship" with that person. But to forgive that person is the main obstacle that I have to deal with. Very touching and will be reading up on verses 2 Samuel 13-19 this week that tells about King David and his family. Very weird as it is almost like a soap opera, but it's amazing of how things back in that time, are related to every day life now.

After church we came home, ate lunch, and my parents came over. It was so great to go shopping with my mom and Serenity while the boys stayed home. Bought a lot!! Brandon just smiled. I don't get to do it very often so when I do, I go ALL out. I at least buy something for him. :) LOL

Everyone is exhausted after today. I think it will be an early night. Brandon just took the kids to WalMart to pick up a few more things for this week and I actually get alone time. It's so quiet, it's almost weird. But I like this. I need this time. More.

Kids start their personal hockey training tomorrow night. Mondays and Wednesdays for both kids. Gonna get expensive, but honestly, I dont care. It's something they love and something they are good at and I can't wait to see them grow. Excited about that starting.

Tomorrow starts a whole new week and we will see what comes upon us. I know that with the Lord by my side, it's going to be a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment